Are you missing teeth and tired of feeling self-conscious about your smile? Well, let’s just say that dentistry has come a long way since the days of wooden teeth (thank goodness for that), and one of the most remarkable transformations that modern dentistry has to offer is dental implants.
With dental implants in Seattle, WA, you can finally say goodbye to awkward denture mishaps and hello to a confident, beautiful smile that looks and feels like your natural teeth. So sit tight, because we’re about to give you a breakdown of the amazing benefits of dental implants at Queen Anne Hilltop Dental!
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are surgically placed into your jawbone to replace missing teeth. They are made of three main components: the implant itself, the abutment, and the restoration.
- The implant is typically made of titanium and is inserted into the jawbone to serve as the artificial tooth root.
- The abutment is attached to the implant and connects it to the restoration.
- The restoration is the visible portion of the tooth that sits above the gum line—usually a crown or bridge. They are designed to look just like a natural tooth (even the tooth fairy could be fooled by our restorations)!
The Benefits Of Dental Implants
If you’re still on the fence about dental implants, let us convince you with some of their amazing benefits:
- Improved confidence in your smile: Missing teeth can make you feel self-conscious, but dental implants will restore your smile and help you feel good about yourself again. In fact, you may even start feeling like a dental model (move over, Colgate kids)!
- Improved speech and ability to eat: Dental implants can improve your ability to speak and eat by establishing a stable and secure base for your new teeth. No more avoiding certain foods because your dental work can’t handle them, or feeling awkward when you speak. With dental implants, you’ll feel confident and ready to take on the world—or at least your next meal!
- Preventing bone loss and preserving adjacent teeth: When you lose a tooth, the bone that once supported it can start to deteriorate, causing the surrounding teeth to shift and become loose. Dental implants can prevent this bone loss and preserve the health of your remaining teeth for the long term!
- Long-lasting and durable solution: Dental implants are made of strong and durable materials that can withstand the daily grind (literally) of chewing and biting. Unlike dentures or bridges, which may need to be replaced every few years, dental implants can provide a long-lasting solution to missing teeth.
- Convenient and easy to care for: Dental implants are very simple to maintain; you can simply treat them like your natural teeth by brushing and flossing regularly, and visiting our office for regular check-ups and cleanings. Finally, you can retire your denture adhesive and cleaning solution and use that extra space in your bathroom cabinet for something more exciting—like a rubber duck collection.
TYPES OF IMPLANTS
At Queen Anne Hilltop Dental, we offer a variety of dental implant options to meet the unique needs of each patient; whether you’re missing one tooth or many teeth, there’s a dental implant option that’s right for you. Our selections are listed below.
Single ImplantSingle implants are a popular option for people who are missing a single tooth. While it may seem like a single missing tooth is not a big deal, it can actually have a significant impact on your oral health and overall well-being.
- When you lose a tooth, the surrounding teeth can shift and become unstable, causing problems with your bite and potentially leading to further tooth loss.
- This can also cause problems with your jawbone, which can start to deteriorate without the support of a tooth root.
If you’re missing multiple teeth in a row, an implant-supported bridge may be just what you need to restore your smile. They consist of two dental implants that are surgically placed in the jawbone to serve as the foundation for the bridge prosthetic. The bridge is then attached to the implants using abutments, resulting in a stable and secure restoration.
One of the great things about implant-supported bridges is that they look and function just like your natural teeth. That means you can eat all your favorite foods without worrying about damaging your bridge (just go easy on the taffy and jawbreakers). Plus, with proper care and maintenance, your implant-supported bridge can last for many years to come!
At Queen Anne Hilltop Dental, our team of dental experts will work with you to create a customized treatment plan that meets your individual needs. We’ll walk you through the entire process, from the initial consultation to the final restoration, to ensure that you feel comfortable and confident every step of the way. So whether you lost your teeth due to injury, a love of sweets, or just the natural aging process, we’ve got you covered with our dental implants. Call today to schedule your consultation!